If you are a Journalism or Public Relations major, several of the focus areas might interest you -- for example, Environment and Society. An example composition of the minor within this focus area might be as follows:
Step 1. Introductory course
For example, as the introductory course, you could select EARTH 100 Environment Earth.
Step 2. Nine credits from focus area courses
From the Environment and Society focus courses, you could choose, for example:
- GEOG 438W Human Dimensions of Global Warming
- SOC 450 Justice and the Environment
- PHIL 132 Introduction To Bioethics
Step 3. Additional 400-level course
Step three would be to choose an additional 400-level environment-related course outside the disciplinary group of your major, for example:
- GEOG 430 Human Use of the Environment or
- PHIL 403 Environmental Ethics
Step 4. Final capstone course
To wrap up the minor's requirements for your final course you could choose, for example:
- GEOSC 451 Natural Resources: Origins, Economics, and Environmental Impact
By taking courses like these you will stand stronger in communicating information on environmentally-related topics to the public.